If you don't know what this is all about....talk with a classroom teacher!
This is what Wikipedia says:
I am particularly struck by the phrase...."unusual and seemingly pointless".....hmmmmmA flash mob (or flashmob) is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression. Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails
Anyway...here is the plan for those that weren't at yesterday's meeting!
- The staff will be doing a flash mob during each daytime talent show.
- María Reyes will lead the flash mob.
- She will get up first, start to dance, and then 5-10 seconds later, another person will get up, 5-10 seconds later, another person, and then every 5-10 seconds a couple more staff will join in, until all staff in the gym are up dancing.
- There is not schedule, simply join in, (but not all at once).
- When the music stops, simply sit down and we will continue the show as though nothing has happened.
- We will wear orange shirts, Carnival shirt if you have one. We don't
want it to look like something special is going on, so you might want
to wear something over the shirt and take that off before you dance.
- Pass this along to Amities and other staff that might be at the Talent Show.
- Anyway...if you don't want to look silly (again hmmmmm), you might want to practice in the privacy of your own home....
Thanks to Maria...we have video of the dance we will do!
This should be fun!