Putting this schedule together is always like a big puzzle....but it is done!
BOOK CHOICE STARTS NEXT WEEK!
here are some things that I think about when building the schedule.
- We try to keep the number of classes equally distributed across the week. If you have ever seen Lisa when she is buried under a pile of books that have been returned in the morning you understand. 25-30 kids times 3 books times 5 classes....you can do the math!
- When you see Kinder Computer or 5th Grade English on the schedule...those are times that I am not available as I am with the kids and no classroom teacher. You may use the library during these times, but you just don't get to see MY smiling face...I suppose some of you might just think that would be an advantage....LOL!
- If you miss your library day because it is a day without school-We will try to fit you in for a short "BOOK CHOICE ONLY" time. There are weeks that are so short that we CANNOT provide this....but we will always let you know!
- I try to at least greet you for your book choice when you arrive...."how very responsive classroom of me, don't you think?" Then depending on the activity or message I have for the kiddos I will spend 10 minutes or so with them. I will TRY to let you know what that is...and sometimes if I am reading a story in English...you should feel free to leave or work at a table.
- I REALLY appreciate your assistance with the students as they pick out their books. I would also love to see the Amity Assistants become more involved in recommending books and helping kids if that fits into their schedule.
- The schedule is posted on Google Docs, on my website and there is a printed copy on the desk by the LMC door. PLEASE PLEASE let us know when you need to adapt your schedule! Email....a note....or of course stop in!